Sunday, February 05, 2006

THE GOOD-OLD DAYS N. Ireland 1997-2001


I've just been reminiscing about the good-old days in N. Ireland; when all eyes were on N. Ireland, U. S. Presidents flew in and out as if it were a second home, First Minister David Trimble and Deputy First Minister Mark Durkan, peace protesters, N. I. Assembly, peaces albums by Irish rock and pop stars, cool-Britania, the 'Yes Campaign', the days when we all thought P. M. Blair was just one of the lads, Bono just couldn't help joining in, Secretary of State's for N. Ireland who were actually likeable and of course the Good Friday Agreement. I wonder will these days ever return? Now we're faced with Stormontgate, MI5 agents, P. M. Blair with grey-hair, 'incomplete' de-commissioning, no David Trimble... Although relative peace; no stability. Can we trust anyone... I think my Mum might be working for British Intelligence. TO THE PARAPETS!

No comments: